Friday, January 12, 2007

The Coming of the Ship

well i am still not feeling very well today... alot of thought's are running through my head, i looked upon one of my old readings to find quotes off khalil gobran's book " the prophet", thought i'll leave u with a bit off it that really touched me.. i don't think anything i can ever come up with can measure up to that... it's off the first chapter the "the coming of the ship" that has come to take the prophet away from the city, and feels torn between how much he dreamt of this day when the ship came and he sailed off with it, and leaving that city that had became his home all those years...

Then the gates of his heart were flung open, and his joy flew far over the sea. And he closed his eyes and prayed in the silences of his soul.
But as he descended the hill, a sadness came upon him, and he thought in his heart:
How shall I go in peace and without sorrow? Nay, not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city.
Long were the days of pain I have spent within its walls, and long were the nights of aloneness; and who can depart from his pain and his aloneness without regret?
Too many fragments of the spirit have I scatterd in these streets, and too many are the children of my longing that walk naked among these hills, and I cannot withdraw from them without a burden and an ache.
It is not a garment I cast off this day, but a skin that I tear with my own hands.
Nor is it a thought I leave behind me, but a heart made sweet with hunger and with thirst.
Yet I cannot tarry longer.
The sea that calls all things unto her calls me, and I must embark.

No comments: