Thursday, March 27, 2008

why am i really here??

have u ever wondered why are u really here??
this really been on my mind since yesterday when i realized, despite my own denial i am really one of them.... i am one of those poor Egyptian youth i keep mocking all the time for their lack of purpose , motive and goal...
i have -like all of them- been put on a road i did not choose, been trained not to fail, to acquire as many skills as i can to be efficient and get from point (A) to point (B).. (e.g. from school to collage) and consider that success... i often called them (us ) le3ba bel zambalek, the family or the community around us byemloona and we keep hopping down that road..
i am gng with the flow according to what is acceptable or appropriate to the world around me and ignoring the world inside which has been numbed for so long ... and i guess its trying to wake up.... but it's dizzy, disoriented and with a broken compass..it's freaking out should it break all walls and just run as fast as it cans or should it take another pill and go to sleep.
i have been lucky to try out so many things .. but on the side... but el maly 7'eles and there is something that is waking up inside telling me... where is ur point (B)? do u like it? so u really want to get there? why dnt u think of it fro sometime and wait till ur all the way there and realize.... oops that sucks... why the hell am i here today?
is it wise to just pack and leave?.... is cutting all ties and gng ahead full throttle the way to go?, or should there be a safety net? is the safety net really a net or a rope to hold u back when u stray too far from the main stream? i know that many people would like to be where i am today... well this is me not them :S
i really dnt know..
and the line that rings on my head from the oasis song " and this time i just ask my self why...
why am i really here?"

well this goes along too "supertramp` the logical song"
When I was young
It seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees
Well they'd be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me
But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world
Where I could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am

Now watch what you say
Or they'll be calling you a radical
A liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Oh won't you sign up your name
We'd like to feel you're
Acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable

No comments: